Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Speechless..Nothing Else

This is a post written in a very angry, confused and a pissed off mood!!! So, let me alert you before you go any further, that if you are not interested in reading about my problems with some people, I would advise you to not to go any further.

The last 2-3 days have been soo mentally stressing and exhausting for me, that I have no words. I don't feel like going to office any more. This despite the fact that I just returned from an absolutely awesome trip to Goa from my office's side. The irony is that for a change, my stress and anxiety has nothing to do with work at all. I am just fed up of some people at my work place, and it has become very difficult for me to remain civil with them.

These people claim to be very mature, intelligent, knowledgeable, sincere, spiritual, and last but not the least, your true friends. But, as you spend more and more time with them, you understand their true nature. In reality, they are narrow minded, have cheap thinking, have a false impression about themselves and others, assume things on their own without any grain of truth in them, have loads of misconceptions, and love to exaggerate and gossip. Ah yes, how can I forget the most important thing - find sadistic pleasure in spreading baseless rumors about others!!!!

I think each person will agree when I say that everybody loves to gossip and talk about other people. It is basic human nature, and anyone who says that he/she does not indulge in office gossip is the biggest liar. Even I do it with my very close friends. But, there is a limit to it. When gossip becomes too personal and more of a character assassination of a third person, then neither it remains lighthearted nor fun anymore. But these self-proclaimed moralists, purists and spiritualists do not understand this, and do not hesitate in talking about other people in a derogatory manner. I want to ask them, "What the bloody F**K is your problem in life?? Or don't you have a life at all??" Exaggerating and making up stuff just about a third person, only to hold the interest of your listener and show yourself in a good light is just so cheap and wannabe.

Also, diverting slightly from the topic, I would like to ask everyone just one question: If a person (boy or girl) drinks and/or smokes, then does that say anything about a person's character? I don't think so. I really fail to understand the connection. If I drink then it is my personal choice. My parents know about it, my friends know about it, even my grandparents know about it, and they all approve of it. If they do not have any problem with it and trust me completely, then what right does somebody else have to comment on this????? This is so RIDICULOUS!! Wait, it is not over yet. On top of judging you, they spread false news about you. For example, after sleeping for 3 hours the previous night, roaming around from 10 AM to 3 AM, not being well, dancing from 10.30 PM to 1 AM, and yes having only 2 drinks (a little vodka in Coke) even if you have the capacity to have many more, you have a headache and stand holding your head. Then you commit the ultimate crime - go to sleep in the car while driving back, you are immediately labelled as Drunk and Out. So, for the next two days all you hear is how one of your group mate is telling other people that you were totally sloshed and had to be taken care of, when it is utterly and completely FALSE!!!!!

Yes, now on to the assumptions and misconceptions. This is totally baffling for me. Sometimes when I hear what certain people think about themselves, and the long lengths they go to analyse on how others behave with them and why, I am completely shocked and surprised. I feel such human beings live in a fantasy world and believe only what they want to. But, the thing that irritates me the most is that these are the people who act so very philosophical, spiritual, and seem to have an answer to each and every problem in the world. However, in reality, they are emotionally disturbed, depressed and very insecure. That is the reason they assume so many things. If a guy/girl pays a little extra attention to them just because he/she is a good friend of theirs, they label that person to be in love with them. Or, if a boy and a girl are very good friends, they start linking them up. This is so very childish, immature and shallow thinking and behavior.

My head is just so messed up that I feel like burying it in the sand, like an ostrich, and never look up. Or, to simply put earplugs and not hear anything of this sort at all. Everywhere I go and whoever I talk to is bitching and cribbing about someone else. It is seriously getting on my nerves. But, more than that it is the unnecessary gossip and assumptions that have completely pissed me off. I wish I could just give tight slap or a hard shake to these people to please wake up and stop all this.

I hope the coming days are different, as I have lots of work to do and need my brain to be clean of this mess.

Signing Out,
Still Angry!

2 comments:

  1. Shanti Aastha...your blog is very aptly named :-P

    Anyways, always remember you cannot and you SHOULD NOT make everyone happy...also, your family, your true friends will immediately make out the difference between half (or should I say completely) baked truth and TRUTH

    I know it hurts...but think of the way how you can retaliate...probably eye for an eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relax. Join MBA. Then you won't have time to think about anything on earth! :)

    ReplyDelete