Friday, November 20, 2009

DELHI METRO COMES TO NOIDA.. :-)

As all of us are aware that the Delhi Metro started its services to NOIDA on Friday, the 13th. So, I want to write something about it. You all must be wondering as to why am I writing about somethig that has been covered extensively by all the newspapers and news channels. Also, this blog is supposed to be about my daily office life and routine, then how does the metro fit in here?? Before I proceed, let me inform all of you that my office is located in NOIDA, and the metro train that goes there is the one that passes  through the station which is very close to my house ( I know it's a complicated sentence, but I hope you get my point ). Basically, the metro is really beneficial for me.

So, when the metro started its operations to Noida, I was really Excited !! In fact, my family was even more thrilled than I was ( mainly because I would not be hijacking the car everyday and leaving them CAR-LESS). Over the weekend, my family and I told everyone this good news.My folks went out and proclaimed that I am the metro's lucky charm and wherever I go, the metro follows. You must be curious to know that how exactly did they come to this weird conclusion, right ??

Well, here's the thing: When I joined NSIT in 2005, the metro line to Dwarka had not started, and traveling to and from the college was a real pain. I used to travel in blue line buses everyday. It was horrible and really miserable. Then one fine day, the metro people saw my plight and suffering, and they felt sorry for me. Hence, they decided to start the metro up til Dwarka. Therefore, within 4 months of my joining NSIT, the metro line to Dwarka opened and the ride to college and home became convenient and fast.

Now, when I started coming to office I used to drive to Noida everyday. As I have mentioned in my previous post, driving on that route is 30 Kms. of pure misery and torture. I came to office by car for 1 whole month, and everyday I suffered more. So, what happened is that these metro people once again realized that I am in trouble and I need a convenient mode of transport, and that also soon. All the metro officials must have had a high profile meeting to discuss this major problem. After the meeting they must have instructed the employees to work faster. As a result of this, the metro route that was supposed to start sometime in December, 2009,  started on Friday i.e. 13th November, 2009.

By now, all of you must have realized that Delhi metro and I have a very special connection. It's actually true that wherever I go the metro will eventually come.



P.S: What is the experience of traveling in the metro on this route will be described in my next post.   

1 comment:

  1. hey,
    sis uu write quite gud blogs.....inspite hearing frm u d whole story face 2 face....i don't mind reading it again...!!!
    lukin' forward 4 more....!!!! :))

    ReplyDelete